Friday, February 12, 2021

Vintage Labels Galore

 I don't know if I can take these photos but I was kind of guilty in doing so when I photographed these incredible packaging labels. 

Notice that this magazine cover is art nouveau style?

What an elegant front of packaging for corn starch.
I bet these were hand designed in the traditional way. 

Check out the type here. Do you know this typeface?
Would you buy this roasted coffee?
I think that red is a great color to stop you in your tracks.

I have no idea what Plug Slice is but it sure looks like a tobacco tin
as it is elegantly designed with the fligree and type.

This packaging looks industrial when the design is slanted like this.
Nowadays the designers would use a san serif face instead of a hand drawn type.
However, I love it. It reminds me of Toulouse-Lautrec hand painted posters.

What can be more obvious than this? FISH!
Check out the emblem on the top right.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.